We at City Bench are really proud of these pieces. These benches and wall hangings are located on the second floor, south end of the main hall in New Havens city hall. The oak was salvaged from a tree uprooted on the historical city green during Super Storm Sandy. Dubbed the “Lincoln Oak”, it was planted in 1909 on the 100th anniversary of Abe Lincolns birth along with a time capsule. Almost 100 years later in was felled and we made it into public pieces to be shared with future generations. The time capsule was opened for display by the New Haven Historical Society along side art work made by local artists from lumber and limbs from the tree.